October Is Voter Education Month
If you have the right to vote, you also have the responsibility to research. A listing of voter education resources and links compiled by LWV - Greater Cleveland is available below.
Your Registration, Ballot, and Polling Place: See the upper left corner of http://www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us to verify your registration, find your polling place, view your ballot, request a vote by mail application, track your ballot, register to vote, and update your address.
Vote by Mail: If you request a Vote by Mail ballot, please use it. If you go to the polls instead, you will have to cast a provisional ballot.
Voter Guides: Links are available here: http://lwvgreatercleveland.org/observer-reports/voter-guides-forum-video/
Forums and Debates:
- Ohio Governor and Lieutenant Governor: no forum is scheduled.
- Ohio Auditor of State candidates Bridges, Carney, and Yost debated at the City Club: https://www.cityclub.org/events/ohio-auditor-of-state-debate
- Ohio House District 16 (Baker vs. LeVeck) and Cuyahoga County Council District 1 (Greenspan vs. Szabo) candidates met for an LWV forum at Westlake's Porter Library. Video will be available at: http://lwvgreatercleveland.org/forum-video/
- US House of Representatives District 16 candidates Pete Crossland and Jim Renacci debated at the City Club: https://www.cityclub.org/events/ohio-s-district-16-congressional-debate
- 9/29 - Cuyahoga County Executive candidates Budish and Schron will debate at noon. Originally scheduled for the City Club, the event has been moved to the Renaissance Hotel to open up more space. After the event, the video will be available here: https://www.cityclub.org/events/cuyahoga-county-executive-debate
- 10/1 - Ohio Attorney General - David Pepper, the Democratic candidate, will explain his platform and qualifications to the City Club at noon. (The incumbent is not participating.) https://www.cityclub.org/events/ohio-s-attorney-general-forum
- 10/6 - US House of Representatives District 9 candidates Kaptur and May will debate at the City Club at noon. https://www.cityclub.org/events/ohio-s-district-9-congressional-debate
- 10/15 - Cuyahoga County Executive candidates Budish and Schron will meet for a forum at Kulas Musical Arts Building, Baldwin Wallace, 96 Front Street, Berea on October 15 at 7pm.
- 10/28 - Ohio Secretary of State - Nina Turner, the Democratic candidate, will explain her platform and qualifications to the City Club at noon. (The incumbent is not participating.) https://www.cityclub.org/events/ohio-s-secretary-of-state-forum
LWVGC President Maryann Barnes has written a letter to the editor about the disturbing trend of incumbent candidates skipping public forums and debates: http://blog.cleveland.com/letters/2014/09/public_debates_letter_to_the_e.html
- List: http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_boe/en-US/2014/04Nov2014Issues.pdf
- Guide: http://lwvgreatercleveland.org/observer-reports/voter-guides-forum-video/
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. The only requirement for membership is a passion for democracy. Please join us! http://lwvgreatercleveland.org