What's All the HOOPLA About?
Rocky River Public Library is excited to announce the availability of thousands of movies, television shows, music albums and audiobooks for mobile and online access through a new partnership with hoopla digital. All you need is a valid RRPL Library card!
RRPL card holders can download the free hoopla digital mobile app on their Android or IOS device or visit hoopladigital.com to begin enjoying thousands of titles – from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers – available to borrow for instant streaming or temporary downloading to their smartphones, tablets and computers. The app is designed for patrons of all ages and skill levels and is as easy to navigate as the library shelves. More titles are added every week.
There’s also no waiting to borrow popular movies, TV shows, albums or audiobooks. And hoopla digital’s automatic return feature eliminates late fees.
Come see what all the hoopla’s about:
- Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the hoopla digital app and via your PC web browsers.
- When using hoopla you will be able to begin streaming the content immediately. You can also download content to view at a later date.
- You will be allowed to borrow seven items each month.
- Movies and television lend for 3 days
- Music lends for 7 days
- Audiobooks lend for 21 days
- You are able to view/listen to borrowed content as often as you want during the checkout period and you can return any borrowed title whenever you want.
Unlike other streaming audio and video services, patrons do not pay a subscription fee, making hoopla the first app of its kind for public libraries. To learn more about hoopla, go to the library’s website at www.rrpl.org. For assistance, just call 440-333-7610.
Kitty Sommers is the Director of Marketing at Rocky River Public Library.